We need to get a few questions answered first:
- Do you have an urgent situation that requires you to sell your house fast?
- Do you have circumstances the might inhibit your ability to sell your house on the traditional market? This includes things like being behind on your mortgage or HOA payments, liens against the property, litigation, etc.
- Is your house in need of repairs and / or maintenance?
If you answered “Yes” to one or more of these questions then you’re probably not suited for a traditional sale (which is the kind of sale a Reatlor assists with). I’d recommend looking at more sophisticated options like working with a home investor like GWG Properties. Contact us for a free cash offer on your property.
Moving on…Let’s assume the following:
- The house is in show quality, move-in condition.
- You don’t need to sell immediately and can wait up to six months.
- There are no liens or lender issues.
- You have some funds available for repairs or modifications that will be requested during the inspection period.
If all of the above is true then you’ll probably benefit from a traditional sale. More than that, you’ll benefit from hiring a Realtor.
While Realtor commissions can be expensive (traditionally 6% in total) they can often pay for themselves in a number of other ways.
- Realtors are professional marketers and can help get your home seen with much greater frequency than you might be able to do on your own.
- Realtors have a network of professionals that can assist with issues that arise during the home selling process.
- A seasoned Realtor should also be an expert negotiator and will be able to negotiate on your behalf to ensure you get the best deal possible.
- A Realtor with experience will know what is and, more importantly, is not traditional or common place from a seller request perspective and also how to respond to those requests.
- A Realtor should also be able to price your house appropriately so that it will sell for the most amount of money possible but without unnecessarily delaying the sales process.
GWG Properties has seasoned and professional Realtors on staff that are more than equipped to help you sell your Georgia home. Contact us for a free, no obligation consultation.